Product Pathways - Development
Nanog Antibody #3580
|W IF-IC F ChIP||H||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nanog Antibody detects endogenous levels of total nanog protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence at the N-terminus of human nanog. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NTERA2 and NCCIT cells using Nanog Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells (blue) and NTERA2 cells (green) using Nanog Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of NTERA2 cells (left) and HeLa cells (right) using Nanog Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 NCCIT cells and either 20 μl of Nanog Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human Oct-4 Promoter Primers #4641, SimpleChIP® Human Sox2 Promoter Primers #4649, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Nanog is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor that is essential for the maintenance of pluripotency and self renewal in embryonic stem cells (1). Nanog expression is controlled by a network of factors including Sox2 and the key pluripotency regulator Oct-4 (1). Recent advances in somatic cell reprogramming have utilized viral expression of combinations of transcription factors including nanog, Oct-4, Sox2, KLF4, c-Myc, and LIN28 (2,3).
- Kim, J. et al. (2008) Cell 132, 1049-61.
- Takahashi, K. et al. (2007) Nat Protoc 2, 3081-9.
- Yu, J. et al. (2007) Science 318, 1917-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3978 LIN28A (A177) Antibody
- 3979 LIN28A (P22) Antibody
- 2840 Oct-4A (C30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2890 Oct-4A (C52G3) Rabbit mAb
- 2788 Oct-4 (V241) Antibody
- 2750 Oct-4 Antibody
- 3579 Sox2 (D6D9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2748 Sox2 Antibody
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.