Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-LAT (Tyr191) Antibody #3584
|W IP||H||Endogenous||36, 38||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho LAT (Tyr191) Antibody detects endogenous levels of LAT only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 191.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Tyr191 of human LAT. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
LAT, a transmembrane adaptor protein expressed in T, NK and mast cells, is an important mediator for T cell receptor (TCR) signaling (1). Upon TCR engagement, activated Zap-70 phosphorylates LAT at multiple conserved tyrosine residues within SH2 binding motifs, exposing these motifs as the docking sites for downstream signaling targets (2,3). The phosphorylation of LAT at Tyr171 and Tyr191 enables the binding of Grb2, Gads/SLP-76, PLCγ1 and PI3 kinase through their SH2 domain and translocates them to the membrane. This process eventually leads to activation of the corresponding signaling pathways (1-4).
- Wonerow, P. and Watson, S.P. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6273-6283.
- Zhang, W. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 83-92.
- Paz, P. E. et al. (2001) Biochem. J. 356, 461-471.
- Zhang, W. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 23355-23361.
- Goda, S. et al. (2004) Control of TCR-mediated activation of beta 1 integrins by the ZAP-70 tyrosine kinase interdomain B region and the linker for activation of T cells adapter protein. J. Immunol. 172, 5379-5387. Applications: Western Blotting
- Alvarez-Errico, D. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5577-86. Applications: Western Blotting
- Verhagen, A.M. et al. (2012) J Immunol 188, 122-34. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3581 Phospho-LAT (Tyr171) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.