Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
PDE5 (P434) Antibody #3585
|W IP||H (Mk)||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDE5 (P434) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PDE5 protein. The antibody cross-reacts with a 35-40 kDa protein of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human PDE5.
The superfamily of phosphodiesterases (PDEs) catalyses the hydrolysis of 3',5'-cyclic nucleotides into the corresponding nucleotide 5'-monophosphates. PDE5 is a cGMP-specific enzyme that contains two cGMP binding sites in its amino-terminal regulatory domain (1). Elevation of cGMP levels causes activation of PKG, which phosphorylates PDE5 at Ser102 (2). Phosphorylation of PDE5 stimulates its enzymatic activity and enhances cGMP binding affinity in the regulatory domain, leading to a decrease in intracellular cGMP levels (3,4).
- Corbin, J.D. and Francis, S.H. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 13729-13732.
- Thomas, L.K. et al. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 14971-14978.
- Rybalkin, S.D. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 3310-3317.
- Francis, S.H. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 47581-47587.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2395 PDE5 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.