Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb #3588
|W IHC-P||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total LCP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp567 of human LCP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse colon using LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using LCP1 (D1C3) Rabbit mAb.
Highly conserved and widely expressed plastin proteins comprise a subset of actin-binding proteins that include proteins that promote actin bundling. Three plastins exhibiting differential expression are found in mammals and include L-plastin, T-plastin, and I-plastin. T-plastin (plastin-3) is found in cells of most solid tissues, while I-plastin (plastin-1) is expressed specifically in the kidney, colon, and small intestine (1-3). Research studies have shown that L-plastin (plastin-2) or lymphocyte cytosolic protein 1 (LCP1) is mainly expressed in hematopoietic cells and nonhematopoietic tumors, and increased expression correlates with metastatic progression in colon cancer cell lines (4). Investigators have found that overexpression of LCP1 in premetastatic cancer cell lines induces invasion and loss of E-cadherin expression, which is characteristic of metastatic cancer cell lines (5). LCP1 becomes phosphorylated at Ser5 upon stimulation through the T cell receptor/CD3 complex in association with the CD2 cell adhesion molecule or the CD28 receptor (6). Phosphorylation at Ser5 enhances the ability of LCP1 to bind to F-actin and increases cell motility (7,8).
- Lin, C.S. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 2781-92.
- Lin, C.S. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 2457-67.
- Delanote, V. et al. (2005) Acta Pharmacol Sin 26, 769-79.
- Otsuka, M. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289, 876-81.
- Foran, E. et al. (2006) Int J Cancer 118, 2098-104.
- Wabnitz, G.H. et al. (2007) Eur J Immunol 37, 649-62.
- Janji, B. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 1947-60.
- Klemke, M. et al. (2007) Int J Cancer 120, 2590-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5277 Phospho-LCP1 (Tyr28) Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.