Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb #3590
|W IP||H M R Mk (Pg)||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Rb protein only when phosphorylated at Ser780.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to resudues surrounding Ser780 of human Rb protein.
Western blot analysis of recombinant truncated Rb, without or with Rb blocking peptide, using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS and Jurkat cells using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of phospho-Rb (Ser780) from Jurkat cell lysates using Phospho-Rb (Ser780) (C84F6) Rabbit mAb followed by western blot using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein, Rb, regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9306 PhosphoPlus® Rb (Ser780, Ser807/811) Antibody Kit
- 9969 Rb Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.