Product Pathways - Translational Control
Grp75 (D13H4) XP® Rabbit mAb #3593
|3593S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3593P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3593||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||75||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Grp75 (D13H4) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Grp75 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Grp75.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Grp75 (D13H4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Grp75 (D13H4) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Grp75 (D13H4) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of a control peptide (left) or antigen-sprecific peptide (right).
Grp75, also known as mortalin, is a member of Hsp70 family of chaperone proteins that is not heat-inducible (1,2). This protein is essential for transporting many mitochondrial proteins from the cytoplasm to mitochondria (3). Grp75 inactivates the tumor suppressor p53 (4). Studies found that Grp75 is overexpressed in many tumor tissues and immortalized human cell lines, suggesting its role in the tumor formation (5). Grp75 is also implicated in cell aging, as its overexpression appears to prolong the life span of human fibroblasts (6).
- Kaul, S.C. et al. (1993) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 193, 348-55.
- Wadhwa, R. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 6615-21.
- Schneider, H.C. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 768-74.
- Wadhwa, R. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 29586-91.
- Wadhwa, R. et al. (2006) Int J Cancer 118, 2973-80.
- Kaul, S.C. et al. (2003) Exp Cell Res 286, 96-101.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2104 Grp94 Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4868 HSP40 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.