Product Pathways - Adhesion
EpCAM Antibody #3599
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EpCAM Antibody detects endogenous levels of total EpCAM protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues of human EpCAM.
Epithelial cell adhesion and activating molecule (EpCAM/CD326) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates Ca2+-independent, homophilic adhesions on the basolateral surface of most epithelial cells. EpCAM is not expressed in adult squamous epithelium, but it is highly expressed in adeno and squamous cell carcinomas (1). Research studies identified EpCAM as one of the first tumor-associated antigens, and it has long been a marker of epithelial and tumor tissue. Investigators have shown that EpCAM is highly expressed in cancer cells (reviewed in 2,3).
- Went, P.T. et al. (2004) Hum Pathol 35, 122-8.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Gires, O. (2007) Br J Cancer 96, 417-23.
- Armstrong, A. and Eck, S.L. (2003) Cancer Biol Ther 2, 320-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2929 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.