Product Pathways - Apoptosis
DIDO1 Antibody #3605
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||70, 80, 130, 247||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DIDO1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of DIDO1 and other isoforms including DIDO2 and DIDO3. An unknown band is detected in HepG2 cells at 35 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr160 of human DIDO1. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, mock transfected or transfected with a construct overexpressing human DIDO1, using DIDO1 Antibody.
The putative transcription factor DIDO1 (death inducer obliterator 1, also termed DIO-1 or DATF1) contains a pair of zinc finger motifs and is upregulated by apoptotic stimuli. DIDO1 is expressed in the developing limb and may play a role in controlling programmed cell death during development (1-3). Nuclear translocation of DIDO1 during apoptosis is associated with its apoptotic activity (2). Alternative splicing produces the DIDO-1, -2 and -3 isoforms (also termed DIO-1, -2, -3), whose targeted disruption in mice produces a phenotype similar to myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative disease (MPS/MPD) in humans (3). DIDO3, the largest of the splice variants, is associated with the centrosome and plays a role in mitotic checkpoint and chromosome stability (4).
- García-Domingo, D. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 7992-7.
- Gomes, I. et al. (2002) Blood 100, 107-19.
- Fütterer, A. et al. (2005) J Clin Invest 115, 2351-62.
- Trachana, V. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104, 2691-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.