Product Pathways - Protein Stability
NEDD4 (C5F5) Rabbit mAb #3607
|W IP||H Mk (Hr)||Endogenous||115||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
The NEDD4 (C5F5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NEDD4. The antibody does not cross react with NEDD4L.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human NEDD4 protein.
Neural precursor expressed, developmentally down-regulated protein 4 (NEDD4) was originally identified as a gene that is highly expressed in the early mouse embryonic central nervous system (1). Subsequently, a family of NEDD4-like proteins have been defined that includes seven members in humans (2). NEDD4 and NEDD4-like (NEDD4L) proteins contain multiple functional domains including a calcium-dependent phospholipid and membrane binding domain (C2 domain), two to four protein binding domains (WW domains), and an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase domain (HECT domain). NEDD4 and NEDD4L have been shown to downregulate both neuronal voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaVs) and epithelial Na+ channels (ENaCs) in response to increased intracellular Na+ concentrations (3,4). The WW domains of NEDD4 bind to PY motifs (amino acid sequence PPXY) found in multiple NaV and ENaC proteins; ubiquitination of these proteins is mediated by the HECT domain of NEDD4 and results in their internalization and removal from the plasma membrane. Research studies have shown that mutation of the PY motifs in ENaC proteins is associated with Liddle's syndrome, an autosomal dominant form of hypertension (5). In addition to targeting sodium channels, NEDD4L has also been shown to negatively regulate TGF-β signaling by targeting Smad2 for degradation (6). Mouse and human NEDD4 are rapidly cleaved by caspase proteins during apoptosis, although the significance of this cleavage is not clear (7).
- Kumar, S. et al. (1992) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 185, 1155-61.
- Harvey, K.F. and Kumar, S. (1999) Trends Cell Biol 9, 166-9.
- Dinudom, A. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 7169-73.
- Goulet, C.C. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 30012-7.
- Staub, O. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 2371-80.
- Kuratomi, G. et al. (2005) Biochem J 386, 461-70.
- Harvey, K.F. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 13524-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 2745 NEDD8 Antibody
- 2743 ISG15 Antibody
- 2738 VHL Antibody
- 4358 Skp2 Antibody
- 4995 CUL1 Antibody
- 4997 UBC3 Antibody
- 4996 UBC3B Antibody
- 2648 VCP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.