Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Tyr1571) Antibody #3614
|W||M Mk (H)||Endogenous||200||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Tyr1571) Antibody detects endogenous levels of tuberin only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 1571. This antibody does not detect tuberin phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1571 of human tuberin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, untreated, PDGF-treated, PDGF and wortmannin-treated or PDGF and rapamycin-treated, using Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Tyr1571) Antibody (top), Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) Antibody #3611 (middle) or Tuberin/TSC2 Antibody #3612 (bottom).
Tuberin is a product of the TSC2 tumor suppressor gene and an important regulator of cell proliferation and tumor development (1). Mutations in either TSC2 or the related TSC1 (hamartin) gene cause tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by development of multiple, widespread non-malignant tumors (2). Tuberin is directly phosphorylated at Thr1462 by Akt/PKB (3). Phosphorylation at Thr1462 and Tyr1571 regulates tuberin-hamartin complexes and tuberin activity (3-5). In addition, tuberin inhibits the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), which promotes inhibition of p70 S6 kinase, activation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein 1 (4E-BP1, an inhibitor of translation initiation), and eventual inhibition of translation (3,6,7).
- Soucek, T. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 15653-15658.
- Sparagana, S.P. and Roach, E.S. (2000) Curr. Opin. Neurol. 13, 115-119.
- Manning, B. D. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 10, 151-161.
- Aicher, L. D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 21017-21021.
- Dan, H. C. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 35364-35370.
- Goncharova, E.A. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 30958-30967.
- Inoki, K. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 648-657.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3611 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) Antibody
- 3612 Tuberin/TSC2 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.