Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Ser1254) Antibody #3616
|3616S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3616||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Ser1254) Antibody detects endogenous levels of tuberin only when phosphorylated at serine 1254. This antibody does not detect tuberin phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1254 of human tuberin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Tuberin is a product of the TSC2 tumor suppressor gene and an important regulator of cell proliferation and tumor development (1). Mutations in either TSC2 or the related TSC1 (hamartin) gene cause tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by development of multiple, widespread non-malignant tumors (2). Tuberin is directly phosphorylated at Thr1462 by Akt/PKB (3). Phosphorylation at Thr1462 and Tyr1571 regulates tuberin-hamartin complexes and tuberin activity (3-5). In addition, tuberin inhibits the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), which promotes inhibition of p70 S6 kinase, activation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein 1 (4E-BP1, an inhibitor of translation initiation), and eventual inhibition of translation (3,6,7).
p38-activated kinase MK2 (MAPKAPK-2) phosphorylates Ser1254 of tuberin, and thus augments the interaction between tuberin and 14-3-3 (8).
- Soucek, T. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 15653-15658.
- Sparagana, S.P. and Roach, E.S. (2000) Curr. Opin. Neurol. 13, 115-119.
- Manning, B. D. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 10, 151-161.
- Aicher, L. D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 21017-21021.
- Dan, H. C. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 35364-35370.
- Goncharova, E.A. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 30958-30967.
- Inoki, K. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 648-657.
- Li, Y. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 13663-13671.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3611 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) Antibody
- 3612 Tuberin/TSC2 Antibody
- 3614 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Tyr1571) Antibody
- 3615 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Ser939) Antibody
- 9270 PhosphoPlus® Akt (Ser473) Antibody Kit
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.