Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Presenilin 1 Antibody #3622
|3622S||200 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3622||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:500||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||22 (C-terminal fragment). 55 (full-length).||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Presenilin 1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of the carboxy-terminal fragment of presenilin 1 (~22 kDa). The antibody detects the full length protein (55k Da) to a lesser extent.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues arround valine 293 of human presenilin 1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 are transmembrane proteins belonging to the presenilin family. Mutation of presenilin genes has been linked to early onset of Alzheimer disease, probably due to presenilin's associated γ-secretase activity for amyloid-β protein processing (1,2). Endogenous presenilin mainly exists in a heterodimeric complex formed from the endoproteolytically processed amino-terminal (34 kDa) and carboxy-terminal (~20, 22, 23 kDa) fragments (CTF) (2,3).
- Haass, C. and DeStrooper, B. (1999) Science 286, 916-919.
- Kimberly, W.T. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3173-3178.
- Kim, T.W. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 11006-11010.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.