Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb #3625
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||H R (Mk)||Endogenous||150||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NUT protein. The antibody also detects endogenous levels of the BRD4-NUT fusion protein found in NUT midline carcinoma (NMC).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein corresponding to the human NUT protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat testis and NUT midline carcinoma (NMC) cells using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat and human testis using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analsysis of paraffin-embedded human midline carcinoma using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human midline carcinoma using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded normal human testes using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of rat testes using NUT (C52B1) Rabbit mAb (green) and Pan-Keratin (C11) Mouse mAb #4545 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Nuclear protein in testis (NUT) is normally confined to the germ cells of the testis and ovary (1,2). NUT midline carcinoma (NMC) is a recently recognized cancer that is defined by the presence of chromosomal rearrangements involving the NUT gene on chromosome 15q14 (3). In most cases the chromosomal translocation occurs between NUT and BRD4 on chromosome 19, resulting in the formation of a BRD4-NUT fusion protein. In the remaining tumors, variant NUT rearrangements are present involving BRD3, a very close homolog of BRD4. BRD4-NUT and BRD3-NUT encode fusion proteins that appear to contribute to carcinogenesis by blocking epithelial cell differentiation. NMCs, which are aggressive and highly lethal carcinomas, are morphologically indistinguishable from other poorly differentiated carcinomas. Given the limited expression of endogenous NUT protein, this antibody can be used to detect NUT fusion proteins in tissues by immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence (2).
- French, C.A. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 304-7.
- Haack, H. et al. (2009) Am J Surg Pathol 33, 984-91.
- French, C.A. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 2237-42.
- Haack, H. et al. (2009) Am J Surg Pathol 33, 984-91. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Yan, J. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27663-75. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
Rabbit monoclonal antibody is produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.