Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Semaphorin 3B Antibody #3626
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Semaphorin 3B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total semaphorin 3B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human semaphorin 3B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Semaphorins are a family of cell surface and secreted proteins initially recognized as axon guidance factors that control the development of the central nervous system (1). They are involved in cell migration, angiogenesis, and immune responses (2-6). Based on protein structure, there are eight classes of semaphorins. Class 3-7 semaphorins are expressed in vertebrates. Semaphorin 3 subfamily members are the only secreted semaphorins in vertebrates. There are seven semaphorin 3 proteins and their receptors include neuropilins and the type A/D family plexins (7-9).Semaphorin 3B functions as a tumor suppressor, as research studies have shown that it is deleted or inactivated in lung and breast cancer (10,11). Overexpression of semaphorin 3B inhibits tumor cell proliferation and causes apoptosis (12,13). Semaphorin 3B also inhibits angiogenesis (14). Semaphorin 3B loses its activity upon cleavage by furin-like pro-protein convertases (14).
- Luo, Y. et al. (1993) Cell 75, 217-27.
- Kruger, R.P. et al. (2005) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6, 789-800.
- Staton, C.A. (2011) Biochem Soc Trans 39, 1565-70.
- Ghanem, R.C. et al. (2011) Curr Eye Res 36, 989-96.
- Nakagawa, Y. et al. (2011) J Immunol 186, 2881-8.
- Suzuki, K. et al. (2008) Nat Immunol 9, 17-23.
- He, Z. and Tessier-Lavigne, M. (1997) Cell 90, 739-51.
- Kolodkin, A.L. et al. (1997) Cell 90, 753-62.
- Chen, H. et al. (1997) Neuron 19, 547-59.
- Tomizawa, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98, 13954-9.
- Nasarre, P. et al. Med Sci (Paris) 21, 641-7.
- Tse, C. et al. (2002) Cancer Res 62, 542-6.
- Castro-Rivera, E. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101, 11432-7.
- Varshavsky, A. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 6922-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3725 Neuropilin-1 (D62C6) Rabbit mAb
- 3366 Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5622 Phospho-Semaphorin 4B (Ser825) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.