Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Tuberin/TSC2 (28A7) Rabbit mAb #3635
|W IP||H||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tuberin/TSC2 (28A7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total tuberin.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide from the amino terminus of human tuberin.
Western blot analysis of extracts from control SH-SY5Y, differentiated SH-SY5Y, PC3 and LNCaP cells, using Tuberin/TSC2 (28A7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-), SignalSilence® Tuberin/TSC2 siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® Tuberin/TSC2 siRNA II (+), using Tuberin/TSC2 (28A7) Rabbit mAb and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. Tuberin/TSC2 (28A7) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of Tuberin/TSC2 expression and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of Tuberin/TSC2 siRNA.
Tuberin is a product of the TSC2 tumor suppressor gene and an important regulator of cell proliferation and tumor development (1). Mutations in either TSC2 or the related TSC1 (hamartin) gene cause tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by development of multiple, widespread non-malignant tumors (2). Tuberin is directly phosphorylated at Thr1462 by Akt/PKB (3). Phosphorylation at Thr1462 and Tyr1571 regulates tuberin-hamartin complexes and tuberin activity (3-5). In addition, tuberin inhibits the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), which promotes inhibition of p70 S6 kinase, activation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein 1 (4E-BP1, an inhibitor of translation initiation), and eventual inhibition of translation (3,6,7).
- Soucek, T. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 15653-15658.
- Sparagana, S.P. and Roach, E.S. (2000) Curr. Opin. Neurol. 13, 115-119.
- Manning, B. D. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell 10, 151-161.
- Aicher, L. D. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 21017-21021.
- Dan, H. C. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 35364-35370.
- Goncharova, E.A. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 30958-30967.
- Inoki, K. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 648-657.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3611 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) Antibody
- 3614 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Tyr1571) Antibody
- 3615 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Ser939) Antibody
- 3616 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Ser1254) Antibody
- 3617 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) (5B12) Rabbit mAb
- 4906 Hamartin/TSC1 Antibody
- 4963 Hamartin/TSC1 (1B2) Mouse mAb
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.