Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
PRC1 Antibody #3639
|3639S||100 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|3639||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PRC1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PRC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly522 of human PRC1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Protein Regulator of Cytokinesis 1 (PRC1) is a member of the MAP65/ASE1 family of nonmotor microtubule-associated proteins, first described in budding yeast (1,2). PRC1 is a substrate of CDK1, which maintains PRC1 in an inactive, monomeric state (2). Cell-cycle dependent degradation of CDK1 leads to dephosphorylation of PRC1 and subsequent KIF4-mediated translocation to the plus ends of microtubules, where it promotes microtubule bundling by cross-linking antiparallel microtubules (3-5). The microtubule bundling functions of PRC1 play a critical role in maintaining structural integritry of the spindle midzone during cytokinesis (3,6,7).
- Pellman, D. et al. (1995) J Cell Biol 130, 1373-85.
- Jiang, W. et al. (1998) Mol Cell 2, 877-85.
- Kurasawa, Y. et al. (2004) EMBO J 23, 3237-48.
- Zhu, C. and Jiang, W. (2005) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102, 343-8.
- Subramanian, R. et al. (2010) Cell 142, 433-43.
- Mollinari, C. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 157, 1175-86.
- Zhu, C. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103, 6196-201.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 2164 EB-1 (1A11/4) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.