Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) #3642
|W IF-F IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) detects endogenous levels of histone H3 only when phosphorylated at Ser10.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser10 of human histone H3.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated or paclitaxel-treated, using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated).
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated Jurkat cells, using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) versus DRAQ5® (DNA content).
Confocal immunofluorescence analysis of P14 rat cerebellum using Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) (green), GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb #3670 (red) and Doublecortin Antibody #4604 (blue).
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to biotin under optimal conditions. The unconjugated Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb #3377 reacts with phospho-histone H3 (Ser10) from human, mouse, rat, and monkey. CST expects that Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated) will also recognize phospho-histone H3 (Ser10) in these species.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9671 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 3377 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9706 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (6G3) Mouse mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 3999 Streptavidin-HRP
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.