Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDC73 (A264) Antibody #3644
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDC73 (A264) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CDC73 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala264 of human CDC73. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
CDC73 (HPRT2) is a putative tumor suppressor protein thought to bind RNA polymerase II to help inhibit cell cycle progression (1,2). Commonly referred to as parafibromin, CDC73 is expressed in endocrine tissues, kidney, heart, and skeletal muscle and is localized to both nuclear and cytoplasmic compartments (3). CDC73 acts as a Wnt signaling regulator as it binds the carboxy-terminal region of β-catenin (4). Mutations in the corresponding gene cause an endocrine disorder known as hyperparathyroidism 2, which is characterized by hypercalcemia, bone resorption, and the development of jaw tumors (5).
- Rozenblatt-Rosen, O. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 612-20.
- Shi, X. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 1160-9.
- Woodard, G.E. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 1272-6.
- Mosimann, C. et al. (2006) Cell 125, 327-41.
- Bradley, K.J. et al. (2006) Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64, 299-306.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3645 CDC73 (D410) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.