Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SATB1 (L745) Antibody #3650
|W IP IF-IC||H (Mk)||Endogenous||100||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SATB1 (L745) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SATB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of the human SATB1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat and THP-1 cell lines using SATB1 (L745) Antibody.
Special AT-rich binding protein 1 (SATB1) functions as both a global chromatin organizer and a gene-specific transcription factor (1). SATB1 cooperates with promyelocytic leukemia protein (PML) to regulate global chromatin architecture by organizing chromatin into distinct loops via periodic anchoring of matrix attachment regions (MARs) in DNA to the nuclear matrix (1-3). In addition, SATB1 recruits multiple chromatin-remodeling proteins that contribute to specific gene activation and repression, including the chromatin remodeling enzymes ACF and ISWI, the histone deacetylase HDAC1, and the histone acetyltransferases PCAF and p300/CBP (4-6). Phosphorylation of SATB1 on Ser185 by protein kinase C regulates its interaction with HDAC1 and PCAF. While unphosphorylated SATB1 binds to PCAF, phosphorylated SATB1 preferentially binds to HDAC1 (6). Acetylation of SATB1 on Lys136 by PCAF impairs its DNA binding activity, thereby removing SATB1 from gene promoters (6). SATB1 is expressed predominantly in thymocytes and is involved in gene regulation during T cell activation (1). SATB1 is also expressed in metastatic breast cancer cells and is a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target for metastatic breast cancer (7). In a mouse model system, RNAi-mediated knockdown of SATB1 reversed tumorigenesis by inhibiting tumor growth and metastasis, while ectopic expression of SATB1 in non-metastatic breast cancer cells produced invasive tumors.
- Galande, S. et al. (2007) Curr Opin Genet Dev 17, 408-14.
- Cai, S. et al. (2006) Nat Genet 38, 1278-88.
- Kumar, P.P. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 45-56.
- Yasui, D. et al. (2002) Nature 419, 641-5.
- Kumar, P.P. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 1620-33.
- Pavan Kumar, P. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 22, 231-43.
- Han, H.J. et al. (2008) Nature 452, 187-93.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4771 Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 3378 PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9960 PKC Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.