Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
cdc25A Antibody #3652
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
cdc25A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total cdc25A protein. The antibody will cross-react with calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) when present in abundance.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser177 of human cdc25A.
The cdc25 protein phosphatase family plays a critical role in activating cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) via dephosphorylation of conserved Thr14/Tyr15 inhibitory phosphorylation sites. While cdc25C is primarily responsible for activating CDK1 to overcome the G2/M checkpoint and allow mitotic entry, the primary substrate of cdc25A is CDK2, which, when active, allows progression through the G1/S and intra-S checkpoints (1). Abundance, subcellular localization and activity of cdc25A is tightly controlled by a variety of mechanisms, including phosphorylation, ubiquitination, and inhibitory binding to 14-3-3 proteins. During normal cell cycle progression, elevated c-Myc and E2F transcription factor levels lead to increased cdc25A expression (2). When conditions are favorable for DNA synthesis, cdc25A and CDK2 form an activation loop, wherein each activates the other enzyme (1). DNA damage, on the other hand, leads to multisite phosphorylation at inhibitory sites (Ser123, Ser177, Ser278, Ser292, and Thr506) by Chk1 and Chk2, which result in 14-3-3 binding and ubiquitin-mediated degradation (3,4).
- Hoffmann, I. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4302-4310.
- Vigo, E. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 6379-6395.
- Chen, M. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 7488-7497.
- Sorensen, C.S. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 247-258.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4688 cdc25C (5H9) Rabbit mAb
- 9525 cdc25B Antibody
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 2661 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Antibody
- 2546 CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.