Product Pathways - Metabolism
AceCS1 (D19C6) Rabbit mAb #3658
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AceCS1 (D19C6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total cytoplasmic acetyl-CoA synthetase (AceCS1).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human cytoplasmic acetyl-CoA synthetase (AceCS1).
Cytoplasmic acetyl-CoA synthetase (AceCS1) catalyzes the conversion of acetate and CoA to acetyl-CoA (1, 2). Acetyl-CoA synthesized by AceCS1 is used for fatty acid and lipid biosynthesis (1, 2). Studies suggest that this enzyme is regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (2). It was also shown that this enzyme is acetylated by protein acetyltransferases in cells (3, 4). SIRT1 deacetylates this enzyme at Lys661 resulting in its activation and the increase of fatty acid synthesis (3, 4).
- Ikeda, Y. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 34259-69.
- Luong, A. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 26458-66.
- Hallows, W.C. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 10230-5.
- Schwer, B. and Verdin, E. (2008) Cell Metab 7, 104-12.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4047 ACSL1 Antibody
- 2033 DHCR24/Seladin-1 (C59D8) Rabbit mAb
- 3180 Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2794 SCD1 (C12H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.