Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
WAVE-2 (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb #3659
|3659S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3659P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3659||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
WAVE-2 (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total WAVE-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to central residues of human WAVE-2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using WAVE-2 (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of WAVE-2 from HeLa cells using WAVE-2 (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb. Western blot was performed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, serum-starved (left) or EGF-treated #9908 (right), using Wave-2 (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins (WASPs) mediate actin dynamics by activating the Arp2/3 actin nucleation complex in response to activated Rho family GTPases. In mammals, five WASP family members have been described. Hematopoietic WASP and ubiquitously expressed N-WASP are autoinhibited in unstimulated cells. Upon stimulation they are activated by cdc42, which relieves the autoinhibition in conjunction with phosphatidyl inositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Three WAVE (Wasf, SCAR) family proteins are similar in sequence to WASP and N-WASP but lack the WASP/N-WASP autoinhibition domains and are indirectly activated by Rac (reviewed in 1). Both WASP and WAVE functions appear to be essential, as knockout of either N-WASP or Scar-2 in mice results in cardiac and neuronal defects and embryonic lethality (2,3). Loss of WASP results in immune system defects and fewer immune cells (4). WAVE-2 (WASF2) is widely distributed, while WAVE-1 and WAVE-3 are strongly expressed in brain (5). WAVE-3 may act as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastoma, a childhood disease of the sympathetic nervous system (6). Increased expression of WAVE-3 is seen in breast cancer, and studies in breast adenocarcinoma cells indicate that WAVE-3 regulates breast cancer progression, invasion and metastasis through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway (7,8).
- Millard, T.H. et al. (2004) Biochem J. 380, 1-17.
- Yan, C. et al. (2003) EMBO J. 22, 3602-3612.
- Snapper, S.B. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 897-904.
- Zhang, J. et al. (1999) J. Exp. Med. 190, 1329-4132.
- Suetsugu, S. et al. (1999) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 260, 296-302.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 5967-5974.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2005) Exp. Cell Res. 308, 135-145.
- Sossey-Alaoui, K. et al. (2007) Am J Pathol 170, 2112-21.
- Wernimont, S.A. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 6256-67. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2806 WAVE-3 Antibody
- 4848 N-WASP (30D10) Rabbit mAb
- 4860 WASP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.