Product Pathways - Metabolism
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody #3662
|3662S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3662||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine||Endogenous||280||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, D. melanogaster.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Antibody detects endogenous levels of all isoforms of acetyl CoA carboxylase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys557 of human acetyl CoA carboxylase alpha1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HeLa, A431, NIH/3T3, L929, C6, H-4-IIE and BAEC cells, using Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Antibody.
Immunprecipitation of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase from AICAR treated C2C12 cell extracts using Acetyl CoA Carboxylase antibody (Lane 1). Lane 2: No antibody control. Lane 3: Input control.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Antibody in the presence of control peptide (left) or AcetylCoA Carboxylase Blocking Peptide #1062 (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of untreated HeLa cells, using Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) catalyzes the carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA (1). It is the key enzyme in the biosynthesis and oxidation of fatty acids (1). In rodents, the 265 kDa ACC1 (ACCα) form is primarily expressed in lipogenic tissues, while 280 kDa ACC2 (ACCβ) is the main isoform in oxidative tissues (1,2). However, in humans, ACC2 is the predominant isoform in both lipogenic and oxidative tissues (1,2). Phosphorylation by AMPK at Ser79 or by PKA at Ser1200 inhibits the enzymatic activity of ACC (3). ACC is a potential target of anti-obesity drugs (4,5).
- Morales-Alamo, D. et al. (2013) J Appl Physiol 114, 566-77. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Morales-Alamo, D. et al. (2012) J Appl Physiol 113, 917-28. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Göransson, O. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 32549-60. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 3676 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (C83B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2603 AMPKα (23A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 4184 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485) Antibody
- 4185 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485)/AMPKα2 (Ser491) Antibody
- 4181 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser108) Antibody
- 4187 AMPKγ1 Antibody
- 2536 AMPKγ2 Antibody
- 9944 AICAR
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9158 AMPK Control Cell Extracts
- 1062 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Blocking Peptide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.