Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RCC2 Antibody #3667
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RCC2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RCC2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RCC2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, COS and C2C12 cells using RCC2 Antibody.
RCC2/TD-60 is a member of the RCC1 (regulator of chromosome condensation 1) family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors. RCC2/TD-60 is associated with the chromosome passenger complex (CPC), which also consists of aurora B kinase, borealin, INCENP (inner centromere protein) and survivin. The CPC acts at various stages of mitosis, interacts with microtubules and is required for proper chromosome segregation and cytokinesis. Regulation of aurora B kinase is key in the regulation of the CPC (reviewed in 1,2). In late mitosis, RCC2/TD-60 is required for spindle assembly and recruitment of survivin and aurora B (3). RCC2/TD-60 is also required for aurora B activation in vitro and localization of the CPC to centromeres (4).
- Vader, G. et al. (2006) J Cell Biol 173, 833-7.
- Ruchaud, S. et al. (2007) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8, 798-812.
- Mollinari, C. et al. (2003) Dev Cell 5, 295-307.
- Rosasco-Nitcher, S.E. et al. (2008) Science 319, 469-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.