Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
p115 RhoGEF (D25D2) XP® Rabbit mAb #3669
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||115||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p115 RhoGEF (D25D2) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total p115 RhoGEF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human p115 RhoGEF.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using p115 RhoGEF (D25D2) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of p115 RhoGEF from COS cells using p115 RhoGEF (D25D2) XP® Rabbit mAb. Western blot was preformed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HEK/293 cells using p115 RhoGEF (D25D2) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® (fluorescent DNA dye).
The Rho family small GTPases, including Rho, Rac and cdc42, act as molecular switches, regulating processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. They are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of bound GDP for GTP, and inhibited by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), which catalyze the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP. A third level of regulation is provided by the stoichiometric binding of Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) (1).G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) at the cell surface signal through heteromeric G proteins to small GTPases such as Rho, which then signal to downstream effector molecules (2). p115 RhoGEF/ArhGEF1 and its family members PDZ-RhoGEF (PRG), and LARG are stimulated by heteromeric G proteins and thus couple signaling from GPCRs to Rho small GTPases (3-6). In a mouse model of asthma, p115 RhoGEF is necessary for T cells to enable airway inflammation and hyperreactivity (7).
- DerMardirossian, C. and Bokoch, G.M. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 356-63.
- Morris, A.J. and Malbon, C.C. (1999) Physiol Rev 79, 1373-430.
- Chen, Z. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 9912-9.
- Hart, M.J. et al. (1998) Science 280, 2112-4.
- Kozasa, T. et al. (1998) Science 280, 2109-11.
- Bhattacharyya, R. and Wedegaertner, P.B. (2003) Biochem J 371, 709-20.
- Brown, J.P. et al. (2007) Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176, 10-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2117 RhoA (67B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2098 RhoB Antibody
- 3430 RhoC (D40E4) Rabbit mAb
- 2465 Rac1/2/3 Antibody
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.