Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Histone H3 (96C10) Mouse mAb (IHC Formulated) #3680
|3680S||100 µl (50 sections)||---||In Stock||---|
|3680||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by the application specified.
Applications Key: IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster, Xenopus, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Histone H3 (96C10) Mouse mAb (IHC Formulated) detects endogenous levels of total histone H3 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other histone proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human histone H3.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Histone H3 (96C10) Mouse mAb (IHC Formulated).
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 9675 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) Antibody
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9723 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9753 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9754 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 4069 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9755 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 9756 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.