Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
TCEB3/Elongin A Antibody #3685
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCEB3/Elongin A Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TCEB3/Elongin A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human TCEB3/Elongin A protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Elongin complex is a heterotrimer composed of TCEB3/Elongin A, Elongin B (TCEB2), and Elongin C (TCEB1) subunits (1-3). The Elongin complex regulates the rate of RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) transcription elongation by releasing the transient pausing of RNAPII at multiple sites along the DNA. TCEB3/Elongin A is the transcriptionally active subunit, while Elongin B and C subunits play a regulatory role (3,4). TCEB3/Elongin A may be required for expression of a subset of cell cycle regulated genes, and embryonic stem (ES) cells lacking TCEB3/Elongin A show abnormalities in cell size, growth, and cell cycle distribution (5). In addition, the Elongin complex has been shown to interact with the cullin family and RING finger proteins Cul5/Rbx2 upon UV-induced DNA damage, removing arrested RNAPII at sites of DNA damage by ubiquitination and degradation as part of an E3 ubiquitin ligase (6).
- Bradsher, J.N. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 25587-93.
- Garrett, K.P. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 5237-41.
- Aso, T. et al. (1995) Science 269, 1439-43.
- Aso, T. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 5557-66.
- Yamazaki, K. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 13585-9.
- Yasukawa, T. et al. (2008) EMBO J 27, 3256-66.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.