Product Pathways - Translational Control
eEF2k Antibody #3692
|3692S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3692||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||105||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eEF2k Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eEF2k independent of phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the N-terminus of human eEF2k. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6, 293, HeLa and SW-13 cells using eEF2k Antibody.
Eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase (eEF2k) phosphorylates and inactivates eEF2, resulting in the inhibition of peptide-chain elongation (1). eEF2k is normally dependent on Ca2+ ions and calmodulin (2,3). It can be activated by PKA in response to elevated cAMP levels (4-6), which are generally increased in stress- or starvation-related conditions. eEF2k can also be regulated in response to a wide range of stimuli that promote cell growth and protein synthesis. This involves the phosphorylation of eEF2k by p90RSK and p70 S6 kinase at Ser366 or by SAPK4/p38delta at Ser359, leading to the inactivation of eEF2k (7,8), which facilitates the dephosphorylation of eEF2, and thus promotes translation.
- Ryazanov, A.G. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94, 4884-4889.
- Nairn, A.C. et al. (1985) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 82, 7839-7943.
- Palfrey, H.C. et al. (1987) J. Biol. Chem. 262, 9785-9792.
- Redpath, N.T. et al. (1993) Biochem. J. 293, 31-34.
- Diggle, T.A. et al. (1998) Biochem. J. 336, 525-529.
- Hovland, R. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 444, 97-101.
- Wang, X. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 4370-4379.
- Knebel, A. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 4360-4369.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3691 Phospho-eEF2k (Ser366) Antibody
- 2331 Phospho-eEF2 (Thr56) Antibody
- 2332 eEF2 Antibody
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.