Product Pathways - Apoptosis
TRADD Antibody #3694
|W IP F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||34||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TRADD Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TRADD protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding cysteine 138 of human TRADD. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF-7 (human), C2C12 (mouse) and KNRK (rat) cell lines, using TRADD Antibody.
Apoptosis mediated by death factors like FasL and TNF-α involves the formation of a death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) to their respective receptors (1). Upon ligand activation to their receptors, Fas and TNF-R1 associate with death domain (DD) containing adaptor proteins FADD (Fas associated death domain) (2,3) and TRADD (TNF-R1 associated death domain) (4). In addition to its carboxy-terminal DD, FADD contains an amino-terminal death effector domain (DED) that binds to DEDs found on caspase-8 which leads to activation of this initiator caspase (5,6). Caspase-8 subsequently activates downstream effector caspases, like caspase-3, resulting in the cleavage of proteins involved in the execution of apoptosis. Unlike FADD, TRADD does not contain a DED (4). Apoptosis driven by TNF-R1 binding to TRADD involves association of TRADD and FADD which then leads to activation of caspase-8 (7).
- Nagata, S. (1997) Cell 88, 355-65.
- Chinnaiyan, A.M. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 505-12.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7795-8.
- Hsu, H. et al. (1995) Cell 81, 495-504.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 817-27.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 803-15.
- Hsu, H. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 299-308.
- D'Agostino, L. and Giordano, A. (2011) Oncotarget 2, 1055-74. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3684 TRADD (7G8) Rabbit mAb
- 2782 FADD Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2781 Phospho-FADD (Ser194) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 3707 TNF-α Antibody
- 4273 FasL Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.