Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
p27 Kip1 (SX53G8.5) Mouse mAb #3698
|W IF-IC F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||27||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p27 Kip1 (SX53G8.5) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total p27 Kip1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant human p27 Kip1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, C6 and MCF-7 cells using p27 Kip1 (SX53G8.5) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using p27 Kip1 (SX53G8.5) Mouse mAb versus Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087. Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4408 was used as a secondary Ab.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF-7 cells using p27 Kip1 (SX53G8.5) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
p27 Kip1 is a member of the Cip/Kip family of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. Like its relatives, p57 Kip2 and p21 Waf1/Cip1, the ability to enforce the G1 restriction point is derived from its inhibitory binding to CDK2/cyclin E and other CDK/cyclin complexes. Expression levels of p27 are upregulated in quiescent cells and in cells treated with cAMP or other negative cell cycle regulators. Downregulation of p27 can be induced by treatment with interleukin-2 or other mitogens; this involves phosphorylation of p27 and its degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway (1-4).
- Lloyd, R.V. et al. (1999) Am. J. Pathol. 154, 313-323.
- Polyak, K. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 9-22.
- Kato, J.Y. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 487-496.
- Vlach, J. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 5334-5344.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2552 p27 Kip1 Antibody
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.