Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
TNF-α Antibody #3707
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||17 mature. 25 precursor.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TNF-α Antibody detects endogenous levels of mature TNF-α as well TNF-α precursor protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly198 of human TNF-α protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raw 264.7 cells, untreated (-) or LPS-treated (1 µg/ml, 18 hr; +), using TNF-α Antibody.
TNF-α, the prototypical member of the TNF protein superfamily, is a homotrimeric type-II membrane protein (1,2). Membrane-bound TNF-α is cleaved by the metalloprotease TACE/ADAM17 to generate a soluble homotrimer (2). Both membrane and soluble forms of TNF-α are biologically active. TNF-α is produced by a variety of immune cells including T cells, B cells, NK cells, and macrophages (1). Cellular response to TNF-α is mediated through interaction with receptors TNF-R1 and TNF-R2 and results in activation of pathways that favor both cell survival and apoptosis depending on the cell type and biological context. Activation of kinase pathways (including JNK, Erk1/2, p38 MAPK, and NF-κB) promotes the survival of cells, while TNF-α-mediated activation of caspase-8 leads to programmed cell death (1,2). TNF-α plays a key regulatory role in inflammation and host defense against bacterial infection, notably Mycobacterium tuberculosis (3).
- Aggarwal, B.B. (2003) Nat Rev Immunol 3, 745-56.
- Hehlgans, T. and Pfeffer, K. (2005) Immunology 115, 1-20.
- Lin, P.L. et al. (2007) J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 12, 22-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8902 Human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (hTNF-α)
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 2859 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 4727 c-Rel Antibody
- 3035 NF-κB1 p105/p50 Antibody
- 4806 Phospho-NF-κB p105 (Ser933) (18E6) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.