Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
TGF-β Receptor II (K105) Antibody #3713
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TGF-β Receptor II (K105) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total TGF-β receptor II protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys105 (extracellular region) of human TGF-β receptor II. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, mock transfected or transfected with human TGF-β receptor II construct, using TGF-β Receptor II (K105) Antibody.
Transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β) superfamily members are critical regulators of cell proliferation and differentiation, developmental patterning and morphogenesis, and disease pathogenesis (1-4). TGF-β elicits signaling through three cell surface receptors: type I (RI), type II (RII), and type III (RIII). Type I and type II receptors are serine/threonine kinases that form a heteromeric complex. In response to ligand binding, the type II receptors form a stable complex with the type I receptors allowing phosphorylation and activation of type I receptor kinases (5). The type III receptor, also known as betaglycan, is a transmembrane proteoglycan with a large extracellular domain that binds TGF-β with high affinity but lacks a cytoplasmic signaling domain (6,7). Expression of the type III receptor can regulate TGF-β signaling through presentation of the ligand to the signaling complex. The only known direct TGF-β signaling effectors are the Smad family proteins, which transduce signals from the cell surface directly to the nucleus to regulate target gene transcription (8,9).
- Massague, J. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 295-309.
- Caestecker, M.P. et al. (2000) J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 92, 1388-1402.
- Derynck, R. et al. (2001) Nature Genet. 29, 117-129.
- Miyazono, K. et al. (2000) Adv. Immunol. 75, 115-157.
- Derynck, R. et al. (1997) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1333, F105-150.
- López-Casillas, F. et al. (1991) Cell 67, 785-795.
- Wang, X.F. et al. (1991) Cell 67, 797-805.
- Derynck, R. et al. (1998) Cell 95, 737-740.
- Massague, J. et al. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 169-178.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 11888 TGF-β Receptor II (D3A1) Rabbit mAb
- 3712 TGF-β Receptor I Antibody
- 2519 TGF-β Receptor III Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.