Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Pin1 (Ser16) Antibody #3721
|3721S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3721||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Mouse, Xenopus.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Pin1 (Ser16) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Pin1 only when phosphorylated at serine 16.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser16 of human Pin1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Pin1, a member of the parvulin family of peptidyl-prolyl isomerases (PPIase), has been implicated in the G2/M transition of the mammalian cell cycle (1-6). Pin1 is a small (18 kDa) protein with two distinct functional domains: an amino-terminal WW domain and a carboxy-terminal PPlase domain. Pin1 interacts with several mitotic phosphoproteins, including Plk1, cdc25C and cdc27, and is thought to act as a phosphorylation-dependent PPlase for these target molecules (7-9).
Phosphorylation of pin1 at Ser16 affects its subcellular localization and the ability of its WW domain to interact with potential targets (10).
- Lu, P. J. et al. (1999) Science 283, 1325-1328.
- Verdecia, M. A. et al. (2000) Nat. Struct. Biol. 7, 639-643.
- Lu, K. P. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 544-547.
- Zhou, X. Z. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 873-883.
- Wu, X. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 3727-3738.
- Winkler, K. E. et al. (2000) Science 287, 1644-1647.
- Crenshaw, D. G. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 1315-1327.
- Shen, M. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 706-720.
- Yaffe, M. B. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1957-1960.
- Lu, P. J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 2381-2384.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3722 Pin1 Antibody
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 9528 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.