Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Pin1 Antibody #3722
|W||H M R Mk (X)||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pin1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Pin1 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal residues of human Pin1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Pin1, a member of the parvulin family of peptidyl-prolyl isomerases (PPIase), has been implicated in the G2/M transition of the mammalian cell cycle (1-6). Pin1 is a small (18 kDa) protein with two distinct functional domains: an amino-terminal WW domain and a carboxy-terminal PPlase domain. Pin1 interacts with several mitotic phosphoproteins, including Plk1, cdc25C and cdc27, and is thought to act as a phosphorylation-dependent PPlase for these target molecules (7-9).
- Lu, P. J. et al. (1999) Science 283, 1325-1328.
- Verdecia, M. A. et al. (2000) Nat. Struct. Biol. 7, 639-643.
- Lu, K. P. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 544-547.
- Zhou, X. Z. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 873-883.
- Wu, X. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 3727-3738.
- Winkler, K. E. et al. (2000) Science 287, 1644-1647.
- Crenshaw, D. G. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 1315-1327.
- Shen, M. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 706-720.
- Yaffe, M. B. et al. (1997) Science 278, 1957-1960.
- Mannava, S. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9527 Phospho-cdc25C (Thr48) Antibody
- 9528 Phospho-cdc25C (Ser216) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.