Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
OSR1 Antibody #3729
|W IF-IC F||H Mk B||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
OSR1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total OSR1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with SPAK or other members of the GCK family.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the amino terminus of human OSR1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HeLa, Jurkat and COS cells using OSR1 Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using OSR1 Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using OSR1 Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
SPAK (STE20/SPS1-related Pro/Ala-rich kinase) and OSR1 (oxidative stress responsive 1) are members of the GCK family serine/threonine kinases. Overexpression and in vitro studies demonstrate that SPAK is able to activate p38 MAP kinase indicating a possible role for SPAK in the stress response (1). Yeast two-hybrid screening revealed that SPAK and OSR1 bind to Na-K-2Cl cotransporters NKCC1 and NKCC2 and K-Cl cotransporter KCC3 (2). WNK1 and WNK4 phosphorylate SPAK at Thr243/247 and Ser380 (3-5). Similarly, WNK1 and WNK4 phosphorylate OSR1 at Thr185 and Ser315 (3, 4). Phosphorylation at these sites stimulates SPAK and OSR1 activity, leading to NKCC1 phosphorylation and enhanced NKCC1 activity (3-5). SPAK is also phosphorylated at Ser311 by PKCθ in response to T cell activation. Substitution of Ser311 with Ala or specific siRNA knock-down of SPAK dramatically reduces TCR/CD28-induced AP-1 activation, suggesting SPAK is involved in T cell signaling as well (6).
- Johnston, A.M. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4290-4297.
- Piechotta, K. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 50812-50819.
- Vitari, A.C. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 391, 17-24.
- Moriguchi, T. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 42685-42693.
- Gagnon, K.B. et al. (2006) Mol. Cell. Biol. 26, 689-698.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 1112-1122.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2281 SPAK Antibody
- 3782 GCK Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.