Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
GP130 Antibody #3732
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GP130 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GP130 protein independent of phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GP130. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
GP130 is a signal-transducing subunit shared by the receptors for the IL-6 family of cytokines (1-3). The binding of a ligand to its receptor induces the dimerization of GP130, leading to activation of the Jak tyrosine kinase and to tyrosine phosphorylation of GP130. These events lead to the activation of multiple signal-transduction pathways, such as the Stat, Ras-MAPK and PI3 kinase pathways, whose activation is controlled by distinct regions of GP130 (4-7).
- Taga, T. (1996) J. Neurochem. 67, 1-10.
- Taga, T. (1997) Ann. Med. 29, 63-72.
- Taga, T. and Kishimoto, T. (1997) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 15, 797-819.
- Heinrich, P.C. et al. (1998) Biochem. J. 334, 297-314.
- Ihle, J.N. et al. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 222-227.
- Kurth, I. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 162, 1480-1487.
- Paonessa, G. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 1942-1951.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3771 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody
- 3774 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr221) Antibody
- 3775 Jak3 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.