Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb #3735
|3735S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3735P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3735||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Dog||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MCM7 protein. Western blot analysis and immunofluorescent data indicate that the antibody is more reactive to primate than rodent proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to carboxy-terminal residues of human MCM7.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of MCM7 from HeLa cell lysates using MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb followed by western blot using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 5% input.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The minichromosome maintenance (MCM) 2-7 proteins are a family of six related proteins required for initiation and elongation of DNA replication. MCM2-7 bind together to form the heterohexameric MCM complex that is thought to act as a replicative helicase at the DNA replication fork (1-5). This complex is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre-RC) (reviewed in 1). Cdc6 and CDT1 recruit the MCM complex to the origin recognition complex (ORC) during late mitosis/early G1 phase forming the pre-RC and licensing the DNA for replication (reviewed in 2). Licensing of the chromatin permits the DNA to replicate only once per cell cycle, thereby helping to ensure that genetic alterations and malignant cell growth do not occur (reviewed in 3). Phosphorylation of the MCM2, MCM3, MCM4, and MCM6 subunits appears to regulate MCM complex activity and the initiation of DNA synthesis (6-8). CDK1 phosphorylation of MCM3 at Ser112 during late mitosis/early G1 phase has been shown to initiate complex formation and chromatin loading in vitro (8). Phosphorylation of MCM2 at serine 139 by cdc7/dbf4 coincides with the initiation of DNA replication (9). MCM proteins are removed during DNA replication, causing chromatin to become unlicensed through inhibition of pre-RC reformation. Studies have shown that the MCM complex is involved in checkpoint control by protecting the structure of the replication fork and assisting in restarting replication by recruiting checkpoint proteins after arrest (reviewed in 3,10).
- Lei, M. and Tye, B.K. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 1447-54.
- Lygerou, Z. and Nurse, P. (2000) Science 290, 2271-3.
- Forsburg, S.L. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 109-31.
- Tye, B.K. and Sawyer, S. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 34833-6.
- Labib, K. et al. (2000) Science 288, 1643-7.
- Charych, D.H. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1075-86.
- Masai, H. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 39249-61.
- Lin, D.I. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105, 8079-84.
- Tsuji, T. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4459-72.
- Bailis, J.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 1724-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4007 MCM2 Antibody
- 3619 MCM2 (D7G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4012 MCM3 Antibody
- 4003 MCM3 (D47B6) Rabbit mAb
- 4018 MCM7 Antibody
- 4731 ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 2208 RPA32/RPA2 (4E4) Rat mAb
- 2193 RPA70/RPA1 (C24F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2267 RPA70/RPA1 Antibody
- 2198 RPA70/RPA1 (4D9) Rat mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.