Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
E2F-1 Antibody #3742
|W ChIP||H (R)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
E2F1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total E2F1 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminal residues of human E2F1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, HeLa, SK-N-MC and A673 cells, using E2F-1 Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untransfected (-) or transfected with E2F1 siRNA (+) to silence E2F1 protein expression, using E2F-1 Antibody.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 Raji cells and either 5 μl of E2F-1 Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human Timeless Intron 1 Primers #7001, human DHFR promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The E2F transcription factors are essential for regulation of the cell cycle (1,2). Physiological E2F is a heterodimer composed of an E2F subunit together with a DP subunit (3, 4). Six members of the E2F family have been identified, and each E2F subunit has a DNA binding and a dimerization domain. E2F-1 to -5 activate transcription. E2F-1 to -3 bind pRb, and E2F-4 and -5 bind p107 or p130, and these interactions are under cell cycle control (5-8). E2F-1 has oncogenic properties in vivo and in vitro. E2F-1 can induce apoptosis through p53-dependent and -independent mechanisms. E2F-1 is stress-responsive, and is regulated by a PI3-kinase-like kinase family such as the ATM/ATR kinases (9-11).
- Helin, K. (1998) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 8, 28-35.
- Dyson, N. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 2245-2262.
- Helin, K. et al. (1993) Genes Dev. 7, 1850-1861.
- Wu, C. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 2536-2546.
- Takahashi, Y. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 804-816.
- Wu, L. et al. (2001) Nature 414, 457-462.
- Gaubatz, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 729-735.
- Hurford, R. K. et al. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 1447-1463.
- Tsai, K. Y. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 2, 293-304.
- Garcia, I. et al. (2000) Cell Growth Differ. 11, 91-98.
- Lin, W. C. et al. (2001) Genes Dev. 15, 1833-1844.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9287 Phospho-p53 (Ser20) Antibody
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.