Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
TAB2 Antibody #3744
|W IP||H M (Mk) (C) (B)||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAB2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of TAB2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys556 of TAB2. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
TAK1 is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase activated by TGF-β and various pro-inflammatory signals (1,2). In vivo, TAK1 activation requires its association with TAK1 binding protein 1 (TAB1), which triggers TAK1 autophosphorylation at Thr184 and Thr187 (3,4). The TAB2 adaptor protein links TAK1 with TRAF6 to mediate TAK1 activation following IL-1 stimulation (5). Once activated, TAK1 phosphorylates the MAPK kinases MKK4 and MKK3/6, which activate JNK and p38 MAPK, respectively. TAK1 and TRAF6 also activate the NF-κB pathway by phosphorylating the NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) to trigger subsequent activation of IKK (2,6). In addition to TAK1, TAB1 interacts with and activates p38α MAPK (7). Targeted disruption of the TAB1 gene in mice causes a drastic reduction in TAK1 activity and leads to embryonic lethality (8).
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (1995) Science 270, 2008-2011.
- Ninomiya-Tsuji, J. et al. (1999) Nature 398, 252-256.
- Shibuya, H. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1179-1182.
- Sakurai, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 474, 141-145.
- Takaesu, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 4, 649-658.
- Wang, C. et al. (2001) Nature 412, 346-351.
- Ge, B. et al. (2002) Science 295, 1291-1294.
- Komatsu, Y. et al. (2002) Mech. Dev. 119, 239-249.
- Sarkar, S. et al. (2011) Mol Cell Biol 31, 602-15. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3226 TAB1 (C25E9) Rabbit mAb
- 4508 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) (90C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4531 Phospho-TAK1 (Thr184/187) Antibody
- 4505 TAK1 Antibody
- 3013 TBK1/NAK Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.