Product Pathways - Adhesion
Integrin α6 Antibody #3750
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||150, 125||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Integrin α6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total integrin α6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding residues surrounding Gly571 of human integrin α6. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Integrins are α/β heterodimeric cell surface receptors that play a pivotal role in cell adhesion and migration, as well as in growth and survival (1,2). The integrin family contains at least 18 α and 8 β subunits that form 24 known integrins with distinct tissue distribution and overlapping ligand specificities (3). Integrins not only transmit signals to cells in response to the extracellular environment (outside-in signaling), but also sense intracellular cues to alter their interaction with the extracellular environment (inside-out signaling) (1,2).Integrin α6 is a 120 kDa protein with two splice variants, integrin α6, 6A and 6B (3), which function as receptors for laminins on the basal membrane to mediate cellular adhesion events (4-6). α6 integrins have been shown to play an important role in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell homing to the bone marrow.
- Liu, S. et al. (2000) J Cell Sci 113 ( Pt 20), 3563-71.
- Hood, J.D. and Cheresh, D.A. (2002) Nat Rev Cancer 2, 91-100.
- Hogervorst, F. et al. (1993) J Cell Biol 121, 179-91.
- Sonnenberg, A. et al. (1990) J Cell Biol 110, 2145-55.
- Sonnenberg, A. et al. (1993) J Cell Sci 106 ( Pt 4), 1083-102.
- Shaw, L.M. et al. (1990) J Cell Biol 110, 2167-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.