Product Pathways - Phosphatases
SHP-2 Antibody #3752
|3752S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3752||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||72||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SHP-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SHP-2 independent of phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the amino-terminal domain of human SHP-2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SHP-2 (PTPN11) is a ubiquitously expressed, nonreceptor protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP). It participates in signaling events downstream of receptors for growth factors, cytokines, hormones, antigens, and extracellular matrices in the control of cell growth, differentiation, migration, and death (1). Activation of SHP-2 and its association with Gab1 is critical for sustained Erk activation downstream of several growth factor receptors and cytokines (2). In addition to its role in Gab1-mediated Erk activation, SHP-2 attenuates EGF-dependent PI3 kinase activation by dephosphorylating Gab1 at p85 binding sites (3). SHP-2 becomes phosphorylated at Tyr542 and Tyr580 in its carboxy-terminus in response to growth factor receptor activation (4). These phosphorylation events are thought to relieve basal inhibition and stimulate SHP-2 tyrosine phosphatase activity (5). Mutations in the corresponding gene result in a pair of clinically similar disorders (Noonan syndrome and LEOPARD syndrome) that may result from abnormal MAPK regulation (6).
- Qu, C.K. (2000) Cell Res 10, 279-88.
- Maroun, C.R. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 8513-25.
- Zhang, S.Q. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 4062-72.
- Bennett, A.M. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 7335-9.
- Lu, W. et al. (2001) Mol Cell 8, 759-69.
- Edouard, T. et al. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 1585-90.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3703 Phospho-SHP-2 (Tyr580) Antibody
- 3751 Phospho-SHP-2 (Tyr542) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.