Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb #3753
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC ChIP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||42, 43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total JunB protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro169 of human JunB.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 cells using JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 PC-12 cells starved overnight and treated with β-NGF #5221 (50ng/ml) for 2h and either 10 μl of JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR SimpleChIP® Rat CCRN4L Promoter Primers #7983, rat DCLK1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Rat GAPDH Promoter Primers #7964. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
JunB is a basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor belonging to the Jun family that includes c-Jun and JunD. Jun family members homodimerize or heterodimerize with Fos and ATF proteins to form a functional transcription factor AP-1 (activator protein 1), whose activity is regulated by a variety of physiological and pathological stimuli such as growth factors, infections, and stress signals (1-4). While JunB sometimes antagonizes c-Jun transcriptional activity, it may functionally substitute for c-Jun during development in mice (5-7). JunB regulates hematopoietic stem cell number and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (8,9).
- Busch, S.J. and Sassone-Corsi, P. (1990) Trends Genet. 6, 36-40.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, E131-E136.
- Hess, J. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5965-5973.
- Mechta-Grigoriou, F. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2378-2389.
- Chiu, R. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 979-986.
- Schütte, J. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 987-997.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 30, 158-166.
- Steidl, U. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 1269-1277.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 431-443.
- Ouyang, J. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4315-22. Applications: ChIP IHC-P (paraffin)
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 3746 JunB (G53) Antibody
- 3755 JunB (P169) Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2250 c-Fos (9F6) Rabbit mAb
- 2251 FosB (5G4) Rabbit mAb
- 2263 FosB Antibody
- 4384 c-Fos Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7983 SimpleChIP® Rat CCRN4L Promoter Primers
- 7964 SimpleChIP® Rat GAPDH Promoter Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.