Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
JunB (P169) Antibody #3755
|3755S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3755||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||42, 43||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
JunB (P169) Antibody detects the endogenous level of total JunB protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro169 of human JunB. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from various cell lines using JunB (P169) Antibody.
JunB is a basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factor belonging to the Jun family that includes c-Jun and JunD. Jun family members homodimerize or heterodimerize with Fos and ATF proteins to form a functional transcription factor AP-1 (activator protein 1), whose activity is regulated by a variety of physiological and pathological stimuli such as growth factors, infections, and stress signals (1-4). While JunB sometimes antagonizes c-Jun transcriptional activity, it may functionally substitute for c-Jun during development in mice (5-7). JunB regulates hematopoietic stem cell number and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (8,9).
- Busch, S.J. and Sassone-Corsi, P. (1990) Trends Genet. 6, 36-40.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, E131-E136.
- Hess, J. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5965-5973.
- Mechta-Grigoriou, F. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2378-2389.
- Chiu, R. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 979-986.
- Schütte, J. et al. (1989) Cell 59, 987-997.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 30, 158-166.
- Steidl, U. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 1269-1277.
- Passegué, E. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 431-443.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 3746 JunB (G53) Antibody
- 3753 JunB (C37F9) Rabbit mAb
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2263 FosB Antibody
- 2250 c-Fos (9F6) Rabbit mAb
- 2251 FosB (5G4) Rabbit mAb
- 4384 c-Fos Antibody
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.