Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
SNIP/p140Cap Antibody #3757
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||145||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SNIP/p140Cap Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SNIP/p140Cap protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SNIP/p140Cap. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SNIP (SNAP25-interacting protein)/p140Cap (p130Cas-associated protein) is a cytoskeleton-associated protein identified initially in rat as a protein interacting with the brain-specific synaptosome protein SNAP25 (1) and subsequently as interacting with the broadly expressed scaffold protein p130Cas (2). SNAP25, a presynaptic protein implicated in neurotransmitter secretion, membrane fusion and neurite outgrowth, is part of the SNARE complex that includes syntaxin and synaptobrevin/VAMP (3). SNIP-SNAP25 association is mediated by coiled-coil interactions (1). Overexpression of SNIP inhibits calcium-dependent exocytosis in PC12 cells (1). Human and mouse orthologs of SNIP, termed p140Cap, were subsequently identified through association with p130Cas, a substrate of v-Src and v-Crk that is tyrosine-phosphorylated in response to cell adhesion and mitogenic stimuli (2,4,5). Expression of p140Cap was observed in brain, testis and epithelial-rich tissues and may exist in various alternatively spliced, tissue-specific isoforms (2). p140Cap is also tyrosine-phosphoryalated in response to adhesion molecules and EGF treatment (2). Together these studies suggest a role for SNIP/p140Cap in controlling cell spreading, migration and neurosecretion.
- Chin, L.S. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 1191-1200.
- Di Stefano, P. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15, 787-800.
- Gerst, J.E. (1999) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 55, 707-734.
- Sakai, R. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 3748-3756.
- Defilippi, P. et al. (2006) Trends Cell Biol. 16, 257-263.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2145 NSF Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.