Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody #3760
|W||H M R||Endogenous||320||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody detects endogenous levels of IP3 Receptor only when phosphorylated at Ser1756.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1756 of rat IP3 receptor. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain using Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by preincubating the antibody with no peptide, with IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) phosphopeptide or with IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) non-phosphopeptide prior to incubating the membrane.
Inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptor, also known as IP3R or InsP3R, is a member of the intracellular calcium release channel family and is located in the endoplasmic reticulum. IP3R functions as a Ca2+ release channel for intracellular stores of calcium ions. There are three types of IP3 receptors (IP3R1, 2, and 3) that require the second messenger inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) for activation (1). Four individual subunits homo- or hetero-oligomerize to form the receptor's functional channel (2). Phosphorylation of IP3R1 at Ser1756 by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) regulates the sensitivity of IP3R1 to IP3 and may be a mode of regulation for Ca2+ release (3,4). IP3R1-mediated Ca2+ release appears to have an effect on the induction of long term depression (LTD) in Purkinje cells (5).
- Joseph, S.K. (1996) Cell Signal 8, 1-7.
- Galvan, D.L. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 29483-92.
- Haug, L.S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 7467-73.
- DeSouza, N. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 39397-400.
- Inoue, T. et al. (1998) J Neurosci 18, 5366-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3763 IP3 Receptor Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 2821 Phospho-PLCγ1 (Tyr783) Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 3872 PLCγ2 Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.