Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
ASK1 Antibody #3762
|3762S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3762||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
ASK1 Antibody detects endogenous ASK1 protein independent of its phosphorylation state.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid residue 280 of human ASK1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 (ASK1), a MAP kinase kinase kinase, plays essential roles in stress-induced apoptosis (1,2). ASK1 is activated in response to a variety of stress-related stimuli through distinct mechanisms and activates MKK4 and MKK3, which in turn activate JNK and p38 (3). Overexpression of ASK1 activates JNK and p38 and induces apoptosis in several cell types through signals involving the mitochondrial cell death pathway. Embryonic fibroblasts or primary neurons derived from ASK1-/- mice are resistant to stress-induced JNK and p38 activation as well as cell death (4,5). Phosphorylation at Ser967 is essential for ASK1 association with 14-3-3 proteins and suppression of cell death (6). Oxidative stress induces dephosphorylation of Ser967 and phosphorylation of Thr845 in the activation loop of ASK1, both of which are correlated with ASK1 activity and ASK1-dependent apoptosis (7,8). Akt phosphorylates ASK1 at Ser83, which attenuates ASK1 activity and promotes cell survival (9).
- Ichijo, H. et al. (1997) Science 275, 90-94.
- Wang, X.S. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 31607-31611.
- Matsuzawa, A. and Ichijo, H. (2001) J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 130, 1-8.
- Tobiume, K. et al. (2001) EMBO Rep. 2, 222-228.
- Nishitoh, H. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1345-1355.
- Zhang, L. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 8511-8515.
- Tobiume, K. et al. (2002) J. Cell. Physiol. 191, 95-104.
- Goldman, E.H. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. in press, .
- Kim, A.H. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Biol. 21, 893-901.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3761 Phospho-ASK1 (Ser83) Antibody
- 3764 Phospho-ASK1 (Ser967) Antibody
- 3765 Phospho-ASK1 (Thr845) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.