Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb #3776
|W||H M R (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) (C80C3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Jak2 when phosphorylated at Tyr1007/1008. This antibody can also detect single phosphorylation at either 1007 or 1008. This antibody may cross-react with phospho-Jak1 and phospho-Tyk2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to a region surrounding Tyr1007/1008 of human Jak2.
Members of the Janus family of tyrosine kinases (Jak1, Jak2, Jak3, and Tyk2) are activated by ligands binding to a number of associated cytokine receptors (1). Upon cytokine receptor activation, Jak proteins become autophosphorylated and phosphorylate their associated receptors to provide multiple binding sites for signaling proteins. These associated signaling proteins, such as Stats (2), Shc (3), insulin receptor substrates (4), and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (5), typically contain SH2 or other phospho-tyrosine-binding domains.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu Rev Immunol 16, 293-322.
- Darnell, J.E. (1997) Science 277, 1630-5.
- VanderKuur, J. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7587-93.
- Argetsinger, L.S. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 14685-92.
- Zhu, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10682-9.
- Ahluwalia, M. et al. (2010) J Thromb Haemost 8, 2252-61. Applications: Western Blotting
- Singh, S. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e29064. Applications: Western Blotting
- Metlakunta, A.S. et al. (2011) Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300, R1185-93. Applications: Western Blotting
- Bhattacharyya, S. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108, 9554-9. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 3344 Jak1 (6G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3775 Jak3 Antibody
- 9945 Jak Isoform Sampler Kit
- 9321 Phospho-Tyk2 (Tyr1054/1055) Antibody
- 9312 Tyk2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8224 PhosphoPlus® Jak2 (Tyr1007/Tyr1008) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.