Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
GCK Antibody #3782
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||91||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GCK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GCK protein. This antibody does not cross-react with HPK or other members of the GCK family.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser380 of human GCK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Germinal center kinase (GCK) is the founding member of the GCK family, a group of serine/threonine kinases homologous to the yeast Ste20 kinase. GCK is activated by TNF and associated with TRAF2 (TNF receptor-associated factor 2) and MEKK1, thereby activating the SAPK/JNK pathway (1,2). GCK does not significantly phosphorylate MEKK1, instead it enhances MEKK1 oligomerization and autophosphorylation (3). GCK binds and activates MLK3, indicating that GCK may have other effectors (3).
- Pombo, C. M. et al. (1995) Nature 377, 750-754.
- Yuasa, T. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 22681-22692.
- Chadee, D. N. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. Biol. 22, 737-749.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.