Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CIITA Antibody #3793
|W IP||H||Transfected Only||140||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CIITA Antibody detects transfected levels of total CIITA protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu149 of human CIITA. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
MHC class II (MHC-II) proteins play critical roles in cellular immune responses and their expression is mainly regulated by the non-DNA binding transcription factor CIITA (MHC class II transactivator) (1,2). CIITA expression is upregulated by IFN-γ and it in turn enchances MHC-II expression and represses collagen expression (3,4). CIITA has a limited number of transcriptional targets, most of which are involved in MHC-mediated antigen presentation (5). Mutations in the CIITA are associated with the hereditary immunodeficiency disease Bare Lymphocyte Syndrome (BLS) which is characterized by a nearly complete absence of MHC-II expression (also referred to as MHC-II deficiency) (6,7).
- Ting, J.P. and Trowsdale, J. (2002) Cell 109 Suppl, S21-33.
- Drozina, G. et al. (2005) Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 290, 147-70.
- Dong, Y. et al. (1999) J Immunol 162, 4731-9.
- Butticè, G. et al. (2006) Circ Res 98, 472-9.
- Krawczyk, M. et al. (2008) PLoS Genet 4, e1000058.
- Reith, W. and Mach, B. (2001) Annu Rev Immunol 19, 331-73.
- Waldburger, J.M. et al. (2000) Immunol Rev 178, 148-65.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.