Product Pathways - Translational Control
SKAR α/β Antibody #3794
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||46, 43||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SKARα/β Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SKAR protein. The antibody recognizes both the α and the β isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino terminal residues of human SKAR. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
p70 S6 kinase is a mitogen activated Ser/Thr protein kinase downstream of phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) and the target of rapamycin, FRAP/mTOR. p70 S6 kinase is required for cell growth and cell cycle progression (1,2). SKAR is a recently discovered substrate of S6K1. SKAR exists in two isoforms, α and β, the latter having a 29 amino acid truncation. Phosphorylation of SKAR is mitogen-induced and sensitive to rapamycin. Reduction in SKAR protein levels results in decreased cell size, further implicating SKAR in cell growth control (3).
- Pullen, N. and Thomas, G. (1997) FEBS Lett 410, 78-82.
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp Cell Res 253, 100-9.
- Richardson, C.J. et al. (2004) Curr Biol 14, 1540-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3235 SKAR Antibody
- 9208 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Ser371) Antibody
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 2708 p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9234 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (108D2) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.